Meet The Team
Dr. Nathalie Bloom
Dr. Bloom, originally from Montreal Canada, has resided in the Midwest for many years. After completing her undergraduate studies at Concordia University in 1993 with a degree in the Arts, Dr. Bloom moved to Mystic Connecticut where she lived for 3 years working for a lumber wholesale company. It was there she discovered Nucca and decided to go back to school to become a NUCCA Chiropractor.
In 2001, Dr. Bloom earned her Doctorate in Chiropractic from Palmer College of Chiropractic.
In 2001, Dr. Bloom traveled to South America where she spent 10 busy days in Bolivia and Peru, adjusting and caring for patients whose population would otherwise have little or no access to health care.
Upon her return, Dr. Bloom associated for a year and a half perfecting her Nucca skills before opening Nucare in 2003.
Dr. Bloom is a specialist in the NUCCA Method (part II certified) and is one of a handful of NUCCA Chiropractors in Illinois.
In 2010, Dr. Bloom earned a degree in “Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition” from Functional Medicine University where she completed over 200 hours of course studies.
Dr. Bloom has a commitment to lifelong learning. Other postgraduate education studies include:
- Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2014; “Integrative Medicine for Treating Mood and Eating Issues”
- Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2014; “Neuroendocrine Basis to Weight Management”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2013; “The Science of Integrative Blood Chemistry”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2012; “The Development and Aging of the Brain”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2011; “Mastering the Thyroid”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2011; “Foundational Laboratory Analysis”
- Functional Medicine University, 2010; “Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition Degree”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2009; “Neurotransmitters and Brain”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2009; “Functional Blood Chemistry”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2009; “Functional Endocrinology”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2008; “Clinical Nutrition”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2008; “Weight Loss Management”
With her passion for helping others, she has been able to help her patients restore their health through personalized care that offers unique solutions for many of today’s health concerns.
Camelia Spatacean - Massage Therapist
Camelia is a graduate of the Illinois School of Health and with 12 years of experience as a licensed massage therapist, Camelia is truly dedicated and passionate about her work. Camelia uses her practical knowledge and training to create a massage individually designed for the specific need of each client.
She specializes in Medical Massage, sports injury, and acute/chronic issues brought on by stress and injury. Using techniques of Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, CranioSacral, and MyoFascial Release, Camelia is able to achieve positive and lasting results for people with chronic and acute pain, restricted mobility, and various types of stress-related problems.
She loves to positively empower others with the benefits of massage therapy helping them to achieve and maintain vitality and wellness. Camelia believes that a balanced healthy life requires a commitment to our own well-being on every level: emotional, spiritual, and physical.
Heidi Clovahn - Massage Therapist
Heidi has been a professionally licensed Massage Therapist and Bodyworker since 2012. A graduate of Cortiva Institute of Massage Therapy in Chicago, her passion includes combining massage and chiropractic and movement to cultivate overall body wellness.
Heidi has an Associates's Degree in healthcare with over 15 years of experience working directly in inpatient care. Through experience and education, she feels confident in her working knowledge of the human body, pathologies, and health maintenance. Heidi believes in a holistic approach to treating her clients. Her goal is to focus on each client's needs by addressing their own specific acute/chronic issues brought on by stress, injury, and/or disease. Her massage approach allows for a unique bodywork experience, specifically designed to meet the goals of every patient. Heidi's massages can be therapeutically relaxing or clinical and utilize different modalities including deep tissue, myofascial and joint mobilization. Treatment goals are intended to relieve pain, improve mobility and flexibility.
Heidi likes to spend most of her time outdoors along the shores of Lake Michigan walking her lovable doodle, Joe. She also enjoys live music, gardening but mostly cooking at home for family and friends.