Meet The Team
Dr. Nathalie Bloom
Dr. Bloom, originally from Montreal Canada, has resided in the Midwest for many years. After completing her undergraduate studies at Concordia University in 1993 with a degree in the Arts, Dr. Bloom moved to Mystic Connecticut where she lived for 3 years working for a lumber wholesale company. It was there she discovered Nucca and decided to go back to school to become a NUCCA Chiropractor.
In 2001, Dr. Bloom earned her Doctorate in Chiropractic from Palmer College of Chiropractic.
In 2001, Dr. Bloom travelled to South America where she spent 10 busy days in Bolivia and Peru, adjusting and caring for patients whose population would otherwise have little or no access to health care.
Upon her return, Dr. Bloom associated for a year and a half perfecting her Nucca skills before opening Nucare in 2003.
Dr. Bloom is a specialist in the NUCCA Method (part II certified) and is one of a handful of NUCCA Chiropractors in Illinois.
In 2010, Dr. Bloom earned a degree in “Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition” from Functional Medicine University where she completed over 200 hours of course studies.
Dr. Bloom has a commitment to lifelong learning. Other postgraduate education studies include:
- Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2014; “Integrative Medicine for Treating Mood and Eating Issues”
- Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2014; “Neuroendocrine Basis to Weight Management”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2013; “The Science of Integrative Blood Chemistry”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2012; “The Development and Aging of the Brain”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2011; “Mastering the Thyroid”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2011; “Foundational Laboratory Analysis”
- Functional Medicine University, 2010; “Functional Medicine and Clinical Nutrition Degree”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2009; “Neurotransmitters and Brain”
- University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, 2009; “Functional Blood Chemistry”
- University of Bridgeport college of Chiropractic, 2009; “Functional Endocrinology”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2008; “Clinical Nutrition”
- Texas Chiropractic College, 2008; “Weight Loss Management”
With her passion for helping others she has been able to help her patients restore their health through personalized care that offers unique solutions for many of today’s health concerns.
Heidi Clovahn - Massage Therapist
Heidi has been a professionally licensed Massage Therapist and Bodyworker since 2012. A graduate of Cortiva Institute of Massage Therapy in Chicago, her passion includes combining massage and chiropractic and movement to cultivate overall body wellness.
Heidi has an Associates Degree in healthcare with over 15 years experience working directly in patient care. Through experience and education, she feels confident in her working knowledge of the human body, pathologies and health maintenance. Heidi believes in a holistic approach in treating her clients. Her goal is to focus on each client's needs by addressing their own specific acute/chronic issues brought on by stress, injury and/or disease. Her massage approach allows for a unique bodywork experience, specifically designed to meet the goals of every patient. Heidi's massages can be therapeutically relaxing or clinical and utilize different modalities including deep tissue, myofascial and joint mobilization. Treatment goals are intended to relieve pain, improve mobility and flexibility.
Heidi likes to spend most of her time outdoors along the shores of Lake Michigan walking her lovable doodle, Joe. She also enjoys live music , gardening but mostly cooking at home for family and friends.
Leslie Walter - Massage Therapist
My love for massage began with my love for running. While studying textile design at Savannah College of Art and Design, I made a decision to change how I looked and felt. I started running, began cooking like an adult, and lost over 90 pounds. After many races, I ran the Chicago Marathon in 2012. It felt amazing to take control of my life and my health and I knew I wanted to share that feeling with others.
My passion for understanding the human body continues to push me to deepen and refine my knowledge and techniques. After graduating from The Chicago School of Massage Therapy in 2009, I pursued additional certification in the technique of Myofascial Release, pre and post natal massage, and Zen Shiatsu.
I found my heart and voice in massage. When I'm not practicing or studying, you can find me exploring nature, cuddling my dog, or chasing my toddler. I love to run or hike and some of my favorite trails are the Appalachian trail GA, Black Hills SD, Great Keppel Is NSW, Savannah GA, and Red Rocks NV.
9:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm
9:00am - 7:00pm
9:00am - 2:00pm